View Single Post
Old 14-Jun-2011, 8:41 AM   #1
Sac Transplant

Clueless in Sacramento

First off here is the map link:
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...001bd3bf34fe9c

I am moving to Sacramento to attend med school. I want to save money on TV but my wife obviously will want to watch. I don't have much time to research because I have so many other things to do to get ready for the start of school. Here is my situation. I am planning on buying a new HDTV and want to get us down to no monthly charge.

First plan: somehow get HD for free. I am renting a house. What do I need to get all the local channels? I need everything from scratch. Feel free to list brand names and everything. I probably cannot spend too much time researching between competing antennas or anything. I just need something that will probably work the best and I can buy quality.

Not related necessarily, but can I DVR these shows? If so is it foolproof for someone like my wife who will want it to be as close to Directv as possible? Can I access Hulu or other websites from my TV plus the HD local channels seamlessly or is this asking for too much?

I would prefer some setup that an antenna could be stationary. I was thinking that some setups may require the antenna to move to receive some channels??

Thanks for your time!
Sac Transplant is offline   Reply With Quote