View Single Post
Old 24-Apr-2016, 3:52 AM   #38
chris1379

Well, I'm about to give up. I have moved this antenna up, down and even back a few feet. That is about 15 ft. in the picture but I have tried as high as 25 ft. It works better when the antenna is lower than the flue pipe. Some things just don't make sense. When cars go by, the signal changes. WCHS gets lost by lowering it. WOWK and WVAH get lost by raising it. WOWK has a decent signal when it breaks up or cuts out. I'm thinking multipath? Is there anything in the picture that screams "fix me"? If not, what antenna do I need that is reasonably priced?

By the way, I have looked this antenna over a few times and I'm still curious how it works. It looks like an LPDA but I'm not sure. I do know that each of the 3 sets of VHF elements is resonant at 2 frequencies. The first set is a full wave on channel 13 but 1/2 wave around 105 MHz. The third set is 1/2 wave at Channel 2 but a full wave at 108 MHz. It would probably be better for me to have an antenna that is made for UHF and High VHF that is not designed for VHF low at all. There would be less to filter out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160415_150641a.jpg (247.6 KB, 2582 views)

Last edited by chris1379; 24-Apr-2016 at 7:32 AM.
chris1379 is offline   Reply With Quote