View Single Post
Old 14-Apr-2016, 6:43 PM   #29
chris1379

I'm not sure where to go from here. I can buy 2 HLSJ's to replace my homemade FM trap and modified HLSJ but I don't think it will matter . What works best is to have a filter, amplifier, and then a second filter. The amp is a RS 15-1108 that is supposed to have an outdoor amp, which I don't have. I'm still thinking of buying a better outdoor matching transformer. I can get all the channels I want on the RCA converter box but not without moving the antenna a few degrees. The strange part is that the direction doesn't correspond with the report. I'm going to use virtual channel numbers for a minute. If I have the antenna pointed at 3,13, and 29, I have to turn it counter clockwise to get 8 and 11. They should be clockwise. Channels 3 and 30 actually have 2 strong points. Raising the antenna higher decreases the weak signals. This still doesn't make sense unless the roof is acting as a reflector.

So, what is an easy way to rotate an antenna without digging it into the ground while rotating? Put it in a bigger pipe? I can reach it through an open window. If I added a second antenna, can I just use a splitter in reverse or do I need to separate the frequencies?

Last edited by chris1379; 14-Apr-2016 at 6:48 PM.
chris1379 is offline   Reply With Quote