View Single Post
Old 28-Jan-2014, 6:17 PM   #19
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
is this the correct amplifier
Yes. Check first to see if you actually need a distribution amplifier. Your TVFool plot says "No".

Quote:
Can a J-mount be used for the 42XG or 91X?
Yes. The antennas will mechanically fit on either our 30 or 40" J-mounts or any other mount 2" or less in diameter Keep in mind that additional antenna height may be needed (see above) and the J-mounts should not be extended without reinforcement or guys. Have the installer test reception of KRBK first using a temporary mounting facility before drilling any holes.

Quote:
If I can receive the signal with the 42XG or 91X, do you think the signal will be strong enough to watch before the custom combiner comes in?
Probably, if you can get the signal to come in at all. Your location is not simple.

Quote:
Do you feel like the preamp being used is good for my situation or should I consider a replacement?
It's probably okay. I'm not a fan of that pre-amp due to several reasons but it works well enough for most folks.

I would make the antenna/pre-amp work first, then consider the purchase of the AC-7 combiner. Otherwise, you'll drop $150 or so on something you can't return and still cannot use.

Your signals from Fordland, might, in fact be strong enough to come in on the 91XG anyway. Test it before committing to the combining exercise.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.

Last edited by ADTech; 28-Jan-2014 at 6:20 PM.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote