View Single Post
Old 12-Nov-2019, 2:17 AM   #13
Ray

I've recently been having problems with some of the UHF stations broadcasting from Sutro Tower, in particular KQED, and was having a hard time trying to figure out what might have broken.

I eventually ran into the following: https://ww2.kqed.org/transmitterstat...he-air-issues/

Quote:
We are aware that some over-the-air viewers are experiencing issues receiving the KQED 9 and KQED Plus signals from Sutro Tower. This issue is likely being caused by technical work to Sutro Tower that is being performed by their engineers. During the course of this maintenance, the signal is being broadcast at half strength during weekdays and at full power on the weekends. This maintenance may last through the end of December. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Please return to this page for progress updates.
I would guess that this relates to the repack.

Just wanted to document this somewhere, since it might be useful to someone.

On another note, I just put up a DB8e to replace the 91XG. I can't tell yet whether I'm getting better performance, since I've only had it up for a day, and the signal currently kind of varies with the way you hold your mouth. I tried an A/B switch to switch between antennas with them both on the mast, but it was hard to tell, because I didn't have the DB8e optimally positioned.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote