View Single Post
Old 4-Sep-2014, 3:41 PM   #8
GroundUrMast

The terrain rises significantly south of downtown Everett. As a result, you don't have a clear line of site toward either Queen Anne or Capitol Hill in Seattle. I would suggest you exhaust all reasonable options in an attempt to find an acceptable mounting location for the existing antenna... The C2V is a well built antenna and can be an excellent fit in many Seattle market applications... But, you're in a pretty deep hole for Seattle TV reception. Most of the residential areas in the Everett city core would still have 2-edge conditions if they used a 100' tower to mount their antenna.

If I lived in the same area and was starting from scratch, I'd opt for a full size antenna system such as an Antennas Direct DB8E + Antennacraft Y10713 + RCA TVPRAMP1R preamplifier. This combination provides the best gain and aiming flexibility of any that I'm aware of. Still, aiming the antennas will be an exercise in compromise. I'd start with the Y10713 pointed at about 210° (splitting between Capitol Hill and Gold Mt.) and fine tune from there, trying to make real CH-9, 11 & 13 reliable. I'd also expect to need to tweak the aim of the UHF antenna to find the best overall reception reliability. If your tuner has a signal quality meter, it can be a huge help when fine tuning antenna aim. Again, in the Seattle market, like many other markets, aim is a compromise.

I'd expect that any obstructions such as trees or building material between the antenna and transmitting tower make for less reliable reception... The closer the obstruction to your receiving antenna, the more likely you'll have problems.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote