Thread: Alaska Help
View Single Post
Old 6-Jan-2019, 5:26 PM   #4
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldosgone View Post
For the test I placed the Leaf on the east wall (interior)and was able to receive:
KTUU
KYES
KAKM
KYUR
As well as several (12 in total) -series channels.
That sounds promising. The VHF dipole kit should have enough gain for those 4 channels when mounted outside.

The dipole instructions say to use the combiner in the dipole to combine with the UHF antenna, and then have just one downlead. You can try it that way, but if you need more UHF gain for CBS, you must keep the downleads separate for the two antennas to add amplification for UHF only.

It is possible to have a UHF/VHF combiner and preamp just for UHF outside, but I'm concerned about them being exposed to the weather.
Quote:
The new antenna will be placed approximately 20 feet up on the south side of the cabin. My intent was to use the same mast to put OTA and a cell booster antenna.
I'm concerned about the TV receiving antenna being so close to the transmitted cell boost. You might need an LTE filter, depending up what cellular frequencies are being used.
https://www.channelmaster.com/TV_Ant..._p/cm-3201.htm

A filter is more effective when the coax is grounded with a grounding block connected to the house electrical system ground.

The Antennas Direct Juice preamp has a built-in LTE filter.

It might be necessary to move the cell booster away from the TV antenna.

Quote:
I was thinking along the lines of the two antennas but was not sure how to actually execute it.
You must be prepared to do some experiments to see what works best.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CM-3201 Attenuation.JPG (70.4 KB, 3094 views)

Last edited by rabbit73; 6-Jan-2019 at 5:53 PM.
rabbit73 is offline   Reply With Quote