View Single Post
Old 14-Jun-2012, 7:04 AM   #18
Blackbeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
If using the CPA19 or PA18 with the ROTR100, it is necessary to use the two-cable method.

Your reception problems are 98% likely caused by the trees. Unless you can clear them, the risk is always there that they will negatively impact reception.
Ok, this really complicates maters, I was hoping to use the free port on the wall mount that shares my cable internet connection to prevent having to add to the cost & landlord hostility of adding a second dedicated antenna port but as is none of the compatible preamps seem very good or available so this might have to do. I'm also concerned that having power on the same cable might negatively effect reception, I can't see it helping at best.
I met with the installer at my place yesterday afternoon & it went better than expected the guy seemed experienced which in Toledo is very hit or miss. I'm attempting to buy as much of the items needed for install to prevent paying their mark ups but I think I'm going to let them cover the chimney mount & mast as I can't really predict will be needing for this situation. He said he would not recommend over a 10' mast for this sort of mount & that surely will not provide a 360 clearance of all trees (a number of these trees are about twice as high as my building so I don't think in this location any safe mast is going to transcend them 100%) but a pretty clear line in the Toledo direction noted on the picture. Also the Google shot of the side of my building is several years old, since that time the eaves-trough have been replaced & adding a sheet of aluminum molding underneath it (which I think is wood in the picture) between this & the metal window casing I would think this can't be helping reception in this location.
I'm also reconsidering the C2 VHF kit since I will have swing range now, is the reflector any less effective then the one on the DB4e?

Last edited by Blackbeen; 14-Jun-2012 at 2:00 PM.
Blackbeen is offline   Reply With Quote