View Single Post
Old 13-Jun-2012, 6:02 AM   #16
Blackbeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
I find that most poor online reviews are caused by customers who don't read directions or who don't understand what they're doing, but that's just my observation.
Well, like I said I won't be doing the install as I don't have a way to access the roof & I don't feel good not having the ability to get to the antenna/rotor if anything goes wrong, having to rely on a 80 buck an hour service call.
Today's reception was an utter mess, break up on just about ALL channels, anytime there's a 5+MPH wind reception goes wacky & today was a whooping 7MPH, just a pleasant breeze & a otherwise clear day. I'm hoping the roof mount will resolve this, I'm almost ready to break down & get satellite which I really can't afford due to the local cable monopoly capping internet services as of June 1st forcing me to an upper tier at $100 a month.
Eagel actually got pretty good reviews at Amazon, I keep in mind "dumb ass" posts & DOAs when reading them but I have read a number of posts in research stating that Channel Master product quality has gone down in recent years.
Will the ROTR100 work with the Antennas Direct CPA-19 preamp? I see they recommend the Channel Master 0068 Pre-Amp here: http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp...29&tab=reviews This one wire system is selling as this is one of the major concerns I had with the install, I hoping the installer can access the same brick wall access point that the cable company uses so another won't need to be made.

Last edited by Blackbeen; 13-Jun-2012 at 7:36 AM.
Blackbeen is offline   Reply With Quote