View Single Post
Old 7-Jun-2012, 2:54 PM   #11
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
The FM report would not link (I tried 3 times...)
FMFool doesn't allow a link to be posted (not implemented). You have to copy the picture as you ended up doing.

Unless you actually want WLMB (some folks do), then there's no point in going with an all-channel antenna for Toledo. A small high-VHF/UHF antenna is all that is needed.

The DB4e will receive some high-VHF, but its out-of-design-band reception of 7-13 will be anywhere from 45-70° off boresite. That's why the Fox station from Detroit is coming in with the DB4e aimed to the east. An amplified DB4e aimed directly at Detroit will probably miss the Fox station on channel 7 and you'll need to plan for it separately. A simple way to do that is to re-purpose one of our C2 VHF kits and mount the parts on the DB4e. Forcasted signal strength for that station is low on your chart, but you are picking it up "accidentally" so it may work with the minimal VHF element. A much larger directional high-VHF antenna would provide much improved margin.

The DB4e will receive enough FM via the feedline to cause interference, especially on channels that broadcast on VHF 7-13. You can pick up an FM trap locally at most Radio Shack stores as noted. If you are having reception problems on UHF channels, it's probably due to multi-path. Those trees immediately to the east of your home would be my prime suspects.

Skip the high-gain amplifier in metro/suburban areas - they're an invitation for more problems.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.

Last edited by ADTech; 7-Jun-2012 at 3:15 PM.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote