Thread: DIY bb8
View Single Post
Old 25-Apr-2014, 3:11 PM   #5
Jason l

Diydb8

I had no luck soldering aluminum.they are screwed down to PVC cross joints with stainless steel screw and washer. I have two like this. I don't no how to put pic on hear. Yes I hVe drain holes PVC and aluminum are very light. And the antennas work great. I just want whiskers soldered insted of nut and bolt.So I thought I could use copper wire insted for easyer soldering . Have you used copper? I may just stick with what I have. But I think copper whiskers solderxd and then screwed or bolted down would be more rigid than just screws/bolts like I have currently.i am going to top of tower and there will be trees behind anttenna.i hope to not have to go up and fix whiskers after a strong north wind blowing twigs on it.anttenas are down protected somewhat from the tower currently. I have 1 tree that I'm removing it hangs limbs over top. So I have had to pull twigs from whiskers several times. And some of the aluminum is getting soft from bending back.thanks for all the inputs the more the better. I am going to try some rustolium.and see if I can solder copper. I love free tv
Jason l is offline   Reply With Quote