View Single Post
Old 10-Jan-2018, 6:34 PM   #1
Theresa

Help!! Information overload Antenna/location etc

I have tried to look up antennas to see which one would be good but there are so many opinions of which one to get are confusing, also location and mounting. Coordinates: 35.62289 -86.755359 or report (although it goes to our neighbors house not ours: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...60ed7ab145a23a
We live in a holler where south is open of immediate tree's /hills. House sits at approx 1000 with our hill in back at 1215 - The terrain is hills and trees, and not a lot of neighbors. Towers range approx 35 miles from the house and some of the maps do show limited service in the area. Our neighbor does get multiple channels but he says look for an antenna with an amplifier, others say gain. The two most recommended are: Winegard HD8200U or RCA ANT751R Outdoor HDTV Antenna - UHF/VHF. Also Directional vs omnidirectional antenna, others say I need two antennas for best reception. Unsure of budget since I pay approx $100 a month in Direct Fees, but the higher it is will just take me a little longer to get it up and running. Have looked but no installer or helper in this area.
Theresa is offline   Reply With Quote