Thread: Setup Help
View Single Post
Old 24-Feb-2013, 4:55 AM   #29
BobHaskett

Antennas Direct Install Complete

I completed my install today. Here is a rundown.

Parts
  1. Antennas Direct Clearstream C2V
  2. Antennas Direct 40" J-Mount (Upgrade from inclued mount)
  3. Antennas Direct CPA19 Preamp
  4. Passive Ideal 8-Way Splitter

Steps
I first held the antenna in my proposed location while my wife scanned for channels. I got 23 (most I had gotten to date) with signal levels as follows:

ABC - 72
NBC - 67
CBS - 62
FOX - 47

Those were all the highest signal levels I had gotten to this point. I then went ahead and bolted the mount to the roof, adjusted the J-Mount, mounted the antenna, and mounted the preamp. I wired everything up. My coax runs from the preamp about 18 feet in to the attic to the Preamp Power Inserter. From the power inserter, my coax runs about 70 feet to an 8-way splitter. It then runs about 30 feet in all directions to different rooms. After I wired everything up, I took the same TV I tested with around to all the rooms to check.

I dropped from 23 channels to 21, and my signal strength was as follows:

ABC - 67
NBC - 64
CBS - 67
FOX - 47

So my signal strengths stayed pretty close, but I lost two channels. I am happy overall. We watched TV for about 20 minutes tonight with no dropouts. The only question I have at the moment would be if anyone had any idea why I would have lost 2 channels? The channels I lost were PBS, which is my strongest channel. I do not understand how I lost my strongest channel.

Last edited by BobHaskett; 24-Feb-2013 at 5:06 AM.
BobHaskett is offline   Reply With Quote