View Single Post
Old 15-Oct-2014, 4:16 PM   #4
Ben Myers
KD3WB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg123 View Post
Cut the cable cord and am now viewing OTA. Would like to mount the antenna in the attic as it would be easier for me to install.

Planning on using existing coax cable from the no longer used comcast cable tv service. Still have internet service from comcast, so I do not want to cause problems with that service. I disconnected several tv coax feeds from the comcast splitter (or preamp???) that is located in the attic and connected those tv coaxs to the antenna. I did not disconnect anything from the comcast feed from the outside of the house as I am not sure what feeds the tv and what feeds the internet. Didn't want to cause problems with internet service or cause any kind of "back feed" (??) problem if I connect my tv antenna to the comcast outside house feed.

Additional info that might be important: Attic space is low and cramped. Tall, mature trees in the neighborhood. Two story home.

Have tried the following antennas in attic:

ClearStream V2: not great

Winegard Freevision FVHD30H: Currently have it connected to 2 tv with splitter and works great on those two tvs. Additional 2nd antenna (also in attic) is hooked up to one tv (with no splitter) but going into the Tivo premiere dvr and then Tivo is connected to tv via hdmi connection. That set up with the Tivo is not working very good as I am having pixels and picture issues. Signal strength is about 60-80 percent on channels.

Winegard Flatwave Air (not impressed, did not work for me)

Mohu Leaf 50 (amplified): was better than Winegard, but thought I could do better with something else.

Link to TV Fool report: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...d2435bcd35a620

What am I doing wrong...... This is all so confusing.... Any suggestions?
If the only problem you are having is with the TiVo-connected equipment, try moving or turning the antenna. You may have to get someone downstairs to watch the television while you make changes. Also, make sure the connections are tight, since loose connections can cause interference and signal loss.
Ben Myers is offline   Reply With Quote