View Single Post
Old 15-Oct-2014, 1:22 PM   #3
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
What am I doing wrong...... This is all so confusing.... Any suggestions?
The problem is that the signals are being severely impaired by the trees and the problem has been compounded by your selection of the attic to place the antenna. I like to compare attics to a black hole. They suck in signal and there's no way of knowing what's inside until you get in there and thoroughly explore the attic to see if you can find a spot where everything plays nice. That spot doesn't always exist, though. Simply putting an antenna up in the attic and expecting it to work flawlessly is an expectation that almost always goes unmet.

The C2V should indeed be the best performer of the antennas you've named. Follow the previous suggestion of getting a long (25-50') coax cable for testing. Search for an antenna location tat offers whatever passes for the best view towards the horizon in the direction of the broadcast towers, whether that location is above, below, or to the side of the trees and any adjacent buildings or structures.

Do NOT use any amplifiers. Whatever signals reach you will be very strong even if they are too damaged by multipath to be cleanly decoded. An amp will only turn garbage into amplified garbage.

When it comes to tuners, numerous forum posters have complained about the one in the Premiere. I have one and it's worked very well for me in my own signal-impaired location, so individual results seem to vary.

Best of luck!

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote