View Single Post
Old 15-Aug-2014, 10:18 PM   #7
w1zofaz

Thank You GroundUrMast,
That did clear things up a bit and am glad that I do not have to run a ground wire all the way up to the antenna.

On the coax I will be forced to take that "second best" option as everything is on the other side of the house and that would add waaaayyyy to much coax into the loop.

One other thing that I have thought of... was wondering if this is a possibility.
Being that I am in a doublewide that was put on site in 1997 I think it was a requirement to ground a mobile home.

So if I can verify by crawling around under it that there is indeed a grounding wire grounding the mobile home to the ground rod at the back service panel...
would running a ground wire and from the rod I just drove and grounding it to the underside of my mobile home serve the same purpose as bonding the new rod to the original rod on that backside at the electrical panel? If possible it sure would make it a lot easier and less expensive.

Oh, and also the waterline runs about 6' (from the newly driven ground rod) away into the home. The waterline run to get to my home is like 75 yards and all underground. I have no idea what shape it is in because I have never gone under the porch and dug gently down to it to take a look. But, is this worth looking into for grounding something with a strap if it is in good shape?

Last edited by w1zofaz; 15-Aug-2014 at 10:24 PM.
w1zofaz is offline   Reply With Quote