View Single Post
Old 9-Jul-2014, 5:31 PM   #1
Alfred

Help with reception

Hello everyone,

So I just cut the cord with direct tv. I am trying to get reliable reception and I am having some problems getting a couple of the stations that I would like. I am located in Loveland Colorado. The stations that I am having trouble with are 7 and 9. I replaced my old antenna with a new ClearStream 2v which helped and I have replaced most of the coaxial with new quadshield rg6 wire. I have an old radioshack 15-2505 signal amplifier which also seems to help. My problem is that the two stations pixelate and/or cut out completely all of the time. If there is any weather then they disappear all together.

One known issue is that if I put it at the peak of my house then a big tree is in the line of sight. So I currently have the antenna mounted at about 10'. The tree seems to only block 7 and 9. I assume that I am having problems with only 7 and 9 because they are the only VHF high channels that I get.

I am considering getting rid of the Radio Shack amp and purchasing a better signal booster that can be mounted closer to the antenna. The Radio Shack one is mounted inside the house right near the connection to the TV. Another option that I have considered is to purchase/create an antenna specifically for those 2 channels. But I am unsure how to do this.

Here is my TVFOOL report:
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e1c689c70b1c64

So any and all suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks Alfred
Alfred is offline   Reply With Quote