View Single Post
Old 6-Sep-2017, 8:35 PM   #4
jrgagne99

You have an interesting situation. According to your report, your best chance for CBS is on W02AH, but that is analog, and VHF-lo, ch-2. For NBC, WCYB on ch-5 is sitting at NM=3.1 dB. Tough but not impossible. WYFF (NBC ch-36 is 10dB lower at -6.9 dB). I doubt you will be able to get that unless you find a hotspot from constructive 2-edge signal bending. That may push you towards something with VHF-lo elements (BIG ANTENNA) if you really want to get NBC.

All that said, I think there is a slight chance to get the 4 major networks with a Winegard 7698P aimed at 191-degrees magnetic. With that aim, *might* get NBC on WYFF, Ch-36. Without re-aiming, you would hopefully also get CBS (W08BP ch-8), and you are likely to get ABC (WLOS, ch-13), and FOX (either on W34DX ch-34 or WHNS ch-21), and PBS (WUNF ch-25).

If that doesn't work, you would probably need to switch to a Winegard HD8200U or a CM-5020, i.e. something with VHF-lo elements to get your NBC and CBS from the north. Aim toward 31-degrees magnetic north for NBC (WCYB ch-5) and CBS (W02AH ch-2, analog). With that aim, there is a chance of pulling in ABC (WLOS), FOX (W34DX), and PBS (WUNF) from the southwest off the back of the antenna. If you don't, you might need a rotor. I'm not sure if there is such a thing as a VHF-lo / VHF-hi+UHF signal joiner. But if there is, a two antenna solution with such a combiner might be possible to avoid using a rotor. Unfortunately, I don't think there are any VHF-lo only antennas on the market anymore.

Others will undoubtedly chime in with better proposals...

Last edited by jrgagne99; 6-Sep-2017 at 8:54 PM.
jrgagne99 is offline   Reply With Quote