View Single Post
Old 10-Jul-2013, 9:11 PM   #16
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

There are multiple options to consider. Generically:

KC only - A single, long-range UHF antenna. No pre-amp is likely to be needed for a single set.

Topeka only, all channels - A long-range high-VHF/UHF combo antenna. Needs pre-amp.

KC plus Topeka VHF - A long-range UHF antenna aimed at KC and a high-VHF antenna at Topeka, combine with U/V combiner. Pre-amp needed.

KC plus all Topeka - see post #7 (requires two pre-amps and a double cable run).

There are far better choices in pre-amps than the CM7777. It's high gain makes it easy to overload a system and it should be used with discretion only when needed. FWIW, I have yet to find an amplifier in any chain retail store that carries a pre-amp that I like. You'll likely do best if an appropriate amp is ordered.

Realistically, you could have something up in the air this afternoon or tomorrow as a start. Best Buy carries the C4 with 20" CJ-mount in many of their stores. Add the necessary coax to install the antenna pointed at KC and hook the single set up, configure everything, then evaluate for subsequent steps as needed.

At this point, you'd do best to make a decision as to what option best serves your needs as an initial step. Most of the options I laid out offer a good basis for growing the system.

Best of luck!

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote