View Single Post
Old 28-Jun-2015, 9:30 PM   #1
nkirkley

Charlotte North Carolina questions

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me with my OTA reception. I currently have the older DB8 (without the ability to aim in two directions). I will attach pictures of my setup.
My question(s) aren’t necessarily about having issues receiving, but, maximizing reception. I want as much as I can pull in, especially WXII, WSPA, WIS, and possibly a few others from far away. Currently, I receive all the channels in Charlotte and a good portion of those in Winston-Salem-Greensboro-High Point area. I would like very much to pull in WXII from that market. I have at times, but it is VERY inconsistent.
Lastly, I would like to tap into the Spartanburg area and possibly grab channel 7 (WSPA) and channel 10 in Columbia. Oddly enough, as a kid, we used to be able to pick them up at Lake Norman. They would always show different NFL games as the CBS or NBC affiliates in Charlotte. So, in light of that, it would be nice to get that again. Now, I do realize that the DB8 is not the type of antenna to receive these channels as they are VHF, but, would it be worth mounting a VHF antenna above the DB8 and pointing it in between the two markets? I do have a rotor, so, if need be I could always rotate for a tighter signal. Also, I could raise the antenna a few feet if necessary, as long as it stays below 12 feet above the roof line. I believe that's my FCC limit, after that the HOA might start complaining.
My set up is as follows, DB8 antenna, amp (pictured), RCA rotor. Also posted is my signal report link. If anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...82303479b5b3c3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg House Back (451x800).jpg (229.0 KB, 568 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG2209 (800x451).jpg (136.2 KB, 565 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG2211 (800x451).jpg (156.8 KB, 567 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG2212 - Copy (451x800).jpg (296.5 KB, 521 views)
nkirkley is offline   Reply With Quote