View Single Post
Old 19-Oct-2015, 1:30 AM   #9
ngs428

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit73 View Post

If you still run out of signal replace the passive splitters with a Channel Master 3412, with one of the two outputs feeding a passive 2-way splitter for the shortest runs. Or, to say it another way, replace the first passive splitter in the above diagram with the 3412.
One follow up item. For some reason my signal strength on 27.1 dropped to about 40% today, half of what it was. Not sure what is going on. Leaves are falling here, so I figured that I would get better reception if anything.

In the diagram you are recommending a 3412 to replace the splitter that is connected directly to the antenna, correct? Then one output will go to the other splitter and one to the coax going to one of the 3 TV's.

I may have to try this if my strength does not come back.. In a pinch I installed my amplifier from the RCA ANT1650F before the 2nd splitter (I had power already there) and I was able to get to a watchable signal.

Edit: There are others reporting reception issues over the last day. May be a station issue. Hopefully something they can resolve. if you could still address my question about the 3412 location that would be great.

Last edited by ngs428; 19-Oct-2015 at 1:38 AM.
ngs428 is offline   Reply With Quote