View Single Post
Old 3-Nov-2014, 5:29 PM   #30
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Quote:
Yeah I want to hear from ADTech as well to see his thoughts.
Me too; he is pretty sharp and knows what he is talking about. I have learned a lot from reading his posts not only on this forum but other forums as well.

In one of your earlier threads StephanieS told you to get a HAM (someone who as an FCC license to operate radio amateur transmitting equipment) to help you. I'm not there to help you, but I have been a ham for over sixty years. I'm now 81 and have been doing antenna experiments since I was 8 when I built my first crystal set and used my bedspring for an antenna. I would fall asleep with my headphones on listening to WOR AM 710 in NJ.

Quote:
it would be quite difficult for all OTA users to get to those levels
correct

Their readings are based on standards for cable systems for digital signals (QAM). The 8VSB OTA signal contains a pilot signal that helps with marginal reception; the QAM signal does not contain a pilot signal.

33.1 KSPR real channel 19 is your strongest signal. It could be getting close to an overload point somewhere in your system.
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...d24362e8886d03

Try the two tuner side-by-side comparison I suggested to see if it happens on both tuners.

Last edited by rabbit73; 3-Nov-2014 at 6:12 PM.
rabbit73 is offline   Reply With Quote