View Single Post
Old 2-Apr-2010, 10:45 AM   #4
kb2fzq

Yes, I guess some more info on the antennas and system might help....sorry about that...
I am using a pair of VHF-hi/UHF Digiwave ANT2075 log periodics, phased at the RF 12 wavelength frequency (as I remember, 32 inches, I believe). The pre-amp is a 30 db AntennaCraft 10G212. Present height to top antenna is 15 feet.
The 2 lower antennas are RF 13 and RF 6 antennas, elements cut to receive there respective frequencies only. These were problem stations initially. The 3-way combiner that is hard line coupled before the pre-amp is a Channel Vision HS-3, the two cut antennas use an HLSJ to merge the Hi/Lo signals, and all interconnecting coax are exactly 2 feet long. The ferrite chokes are an experiment to reduce what appeared to be cell tower interference, 1/4 mile away from me, (that has apparently worked), as the interference/pixelation on a certain channel has stopped.

Regarding RF 45 and RF 39, this is the short comings of TVFool, if a transmitter is on FCC dockets, it's considered up and running. Both of these transmitters are not even on the mountain yet, RF 45 is scheduled for September/October of this year, RF 39, because of station bankruptcy issues, is still in the works.
Let me leave this info, and let you all re-diagnose my issues. I hope this info will help.
Just as added info, all local stations 53 miles out south come in at a 70% SS or better (as well as the 2 stations 91 miles out to my north, WPTZ and WCAX, in Burlington, VT), except, of course, my current issue with RF 18.
Oh, the mapping...18 HD maps as 18-3, 18 WX maps as 13-3 and 18 radar as 13-5 (I think, have to look again). The main WNYT station subs are 13-1, 13-2 and 13-4, respectively. I use an NOC 26" HDTV.

Last edited by kb2fzq; 2-Apr-2010 at 11:29 AM.
kb2fzq is offline   Reply With Quote