View Single Post
Old 19-Aug-2017, 3:17 PM   #12
Tvaddict17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit73 View Post
I suggest a DB8E with both panels aimed at 169 degrees magnetic for Seattle and an MCM 30-2476 or 2475 aimed at 187 degrees magnetic for Fox. Combine them with a UVSJ UHF/VHF combiner.
https://www.antennasdirect.com/store...Combiners.html
Avoid the MCM 33-2230 which has a higher insertion loss.

As a test, temporarily aim the DB8E at 285 degrees magnetic for KIRO 28 CBS. If you are able to receive it, you will need a separate UHF antenna for KIRO.

If you want to try a better preamp, I suggest the Antennas Direct Juice. A cheaper preamp is the RCA TVPRAMP1R. Its quality isn't quite as good, but it is better than the Winegard LNA-200.
Thank you for all of your research and advice. I am just about ready to pull the trigger on your recommendations above. We having been watching both NBC(real Ch.48), and Fox(real ch. 13) error free for the last several weeks. ABC(real ch. 38) sometimes drops out in the early evening. No real CBS(real ch. 39) pointed south. I do get a strong signal on CBS (real ch. 28) when pointing my cheap amplified antenna towards 285 magnetic.
My question now is, if I go with the setup you are recommending above (the DB8e, MCM 30 2476 or 2475, and combiner), and I want to add a separate UHF antenna for CBS (real ch. 28). what is the correct way to combine all of them? Would it be to combine the two UHF's first the go to the UHF/VHF combiner?
p.s. in response to your pm, the point on my house in the picture is just about where my antenna is, and the realtor description of my siding is incorrect, I actually have cedar siding. The neighbor's shop however is a steel building.
Tvaddict17 is offline   Reply With Quote