View Single Post
Old 20-Sep-2011, 8:17 PM   #1
modhatter

Southern Florida Antenna delema

I have read reviews and articles about outdoor antenna's until my eyes bleed.
Here is link to my location:

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...60b5cf943e00b6

As you can see signals are quite directionally split. I tried a Leaf indoor antenna placed inside a window hooked up to a tuner in my laptop just to see what I could get. I get a number of UHF channels, but not all shown, but can not get Channel 5 and 12 (NBC), which are main network channels, but broadcast on high VHF. The others that do come in are UHF.

If I go through the expense of putting up an outside antenna with amp., I want to make sure I get the right one (or ones) as more of my cost will be in the labor in installing it. I have read about installing two antennas (one UHF long distance and one strictly for VHF)

I am mostly concerned because of the split in directions of the broadcasting stations, I am just not sure what antenna to get. I want to feed 3 tv's, one being a large 52" plasma. Any help would be very appreciated. Finding one that is omnidirectional and is also VHF/UHF has not been easy.

Last question. Can I use the existing cable currently hooked up to my satellite dishes which is already fed through the walls to the rooms where the TV's are. I can't say it's the newer RG-6. Its' round and black. That's all I know.

I also should mention that I intend to use the HomeRun boxes and make a PVR up for recording using probably Windows7. Want to be able to record a min. of two channels at a time.

Last edited by modhatter; 20-Sep-2011 at 9:28 PM. Reason: Forgot something
modhatter is offline   Reply With Quote