Thread: Best Approach
View Single Post
Old 9-Aug-2014, 11:28 PM   #5
Darken

Hi all,

Figured i'd help out as best i can by posting my results. I went with a Winegard 7698p and decided to try it out in the attic first despite the long distances im trying to receive from USA. And for the most part i consider the attempt a great success. I receive almost all the channels i had hoped to receive from my TV Fool report. Basically all those in YELLOW color code minus FOX and ABC. I even pick up a couple from the "Pending" option. I haven't installed it in any kind of permanent fashion so i will continue playing around with it in my spare time to hopefully pick up FOX and ABC without having to anchor it to my roof. (The antenna is 14 feet long!)

Oddly enough, i am having trouble receiving one of the channels that is listed as one of the strongest. CFCF which is CTV. It seems to be hit or miss and often i find when i place my hand on or near the cartridge housing cover or even when i physically move my body closer and further away from the antenna it greatly affects this channel. Does that seem unusual? Especially since it is supposedly one of my strongest signals? If i can get NBC and CBS crystal clear from 110 miles away in my attic and i can get CBC which is in the same direction and distance what could be causing this channel to break up?

I'll assume that for FOX and ABC they might just be a little too weak to pick up from my attic and im sure the surrounding trees arent helping my cause. Does anyone think a pre-amp could help my situation?

Thanks
Darken is offline   Reply With Quote