View Single Post
Old 28-Jun-2011, 11:31 PM   #1
TGibson1

Northwest Florida

Unfortunately, I am at a total loss as to how to proceed. (Not much of a techy).

I just got rid of our Dish Satellite service. (still have the dish) (returned the receivers and items requested).
We are hoping to just be able to receive as many of the basic digital channels as is possible, within a reasonable budget for an antenna.

Our roof top is very high, almost 2 stories, I would say at least 25-30 feet.
There are some very tall pines directly on our east side, and it is several hundred yards to the west before there are more trees of that height. (across the Eglin AFB range.)

Any suggestions on what type of antenna, placement, hook ups etc,.
We have one 47" Vizio HD TV that we would want to connect. The other room TVs maybe not so important.

I tried a temporary measure of installing an RCA Ant751 right on the mounting bracket from the old DISH, pointed it West. I do get about 28 channels reasonably clear and consistent. But they are all at about the 285 degree mark. However, there are several channels showing nearby (N-S) that heading and more importantly in the opposite direction (East) that I would like to get also, And still use a smaller size antenna if at all possible.
I read where someone in my area recommended an HD Stacker.?

Any help would be appreciated. I have spent hours looking into this. Please help. Thank you

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...03d92504061fb3
TGibson1 is offline   Reply With Quote