View Single Post
Old 9-Dec-2012, 2:49 AM   #3
roadking00

Thanks for the response GroundUrMast, it amazes me that a recommended $40 antenna is all I need to get to get the ball rolling I think I may try out the reception mounting it in the attic first ? But I guess I'll need to bust out the compass first and see how the options look at that time, like you and most folks on here state that outdoor mounting IS optimal...

If going with a Channel Master CM-7001 tuner or one of the others you mentioned are there better options between some of these that stand out compared to others?

I am DEFINITELY interested in the HDHomeRun tuners option in the near future (or at least work my way to that point) I just need to learn some more on how they are hooked up and options I may have to simplify things for my better half Can they be located in the closet along with a laptop/desktop dedicated for it with a cat5 distribution to cat5 capable TV's ? Or are they specific to each TV ? Again, I need to try and understand a bit more about the way they work first I guess...Time to read a bit more.

Thanks again and I look forward to learning a bunch more here and cutting the ties from a monthly constantly rising bill....
roadking00 is offline   Reply With Quote