View Single Post
Old 8-Dec-2012, 11:05 PM   #1
roadking00

Another Newbie here looking for some help...

Hi All, very new to this stuff and looking to get out from under the strong hand of the Cable/Satellite companies ridiculous fees.Anyhow, I have a few questions to get me started on the right path.(GREAT FORUM)

My existing set up I have is a Satellite TV coax from the dish to a central location (a closet under my staircase) where I then have HDMI cables going to 4 separate TV's (along with Cat5 as a future option) throughout the house(3 on 1st floor-1 on 2nd floor)All of my satellite boxes are in that closet and they all have RF remotes that control each box for each specific room separately, with one of them being a Whole house DVR that is accessible from any of the other TV's (typical full house DVR set-up available from DTV).

I have a VERY large walk in attic (Typical wood frame, asphalt shingles, no metal at all) That I would like to try having the antenna located, but not against having to mount a chimney or peak of roof mount if needed?
So with that said I would like to get a antenna that is suitable for inside and/or outside if the attic mounting don't work out to good.

I have a 5th TV in the other room on the 2nd floor that I have very easy access from the attic to get a RG6 coax to for signal testing purposes and will be my trial and error TV location separately while I still have my satellite
hooked up,until I do the switch over to OTA in the rest of the house.I wanna get the signals the best I can 1st at this location so I can decide at that point if my wife and 5 yr old son will be able to survive without
the cartoon network and a few other channels we get from the satellite service.

From that point I will venture into the DVR options and internet streaming possibilities for OTA users I've been reading a lot about on this Forum.

Are there OTA converters out there that I can place in the same closet that would work for multiple TV's if I have just one RG6 coming into the closet and 3 HDMI outputs to the separate TV locations ? And maybe even
with RF remotes? Or I may have to use some type of IR extender ?

Is there a combo antenna out there that not only would pick up TV signals but also FM radio signals as well ? Or is a separate FM antenna the way to go ?

Here is my report Link...

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...cc49bb25e0c362

Thanks in advance for any and all advice/info,
Steve
roadking00 is offline   Reply With Quote