View Single Post
Old 30-May-2015, 11:17 PM   #1
skatingrocker17

Crazy Signal Levels - Metro Detroit

I have an apartment in Canton, MI where I have been experiencing some strange signal issues. Nearly every day is fine, and I have no issues. I'm using a DB4e with the VHF reflector kit. I have a single TV off the antenna.

My issue is, on some days, the signal strength is will be all over the place. It'll be at 100% for a minute or so then sharply drop down to 70%, pixelate, then shoot back up. It happens on almost all the channels, sometimes it's every few seconds and sometimes it's less often. It seems less often on Fox 2, which is a VHF station.

I've also been playing around with a pre-amp there, which seems to make the issue worse. It's the Winegard LNA-200 which I assume is overloading the tuner. But the problem also happens without it. But it's maybe 1-2 days a week I have the issue.

For the direction my antenna has to face, it's on my balcony but facing a wall (there's nothing on the other side of the wall). Signal strengths are very good for all of the normal stations, but some of the lower power channels like 14, 18, 38, 48 and channel 9 and 32 out of Canada are sometimes weak or don't come in. But the transmitters for those stations are also not located in the same area as ABC, CBS, FOX, PBS, and NBC.

Anyone know what's going on? Repositiong the antenna doesn't seem to fix the issue. Even when I face it in any other direction, the signal levels are still all over the place.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...f1f0d5652080cd
skatingrocker17 is offline   Reply With Quote