View Single Post
Old 9-Mar-2012, 11:11 PM   #11
ghz24

I think towerguy was just trying to tell you that channel 6 programing is available on other (higher) frequency, and the jest of it is- what the VHF low channel 6 gets you is the high definition CBS feed.(SD is available on 24, - 2.7 miles from you If I understood his post.
I don't think anyone here wants to or is trying to confuse you.
Some helpers here give prescriptions others try to involve the the OP more in the decision process. By informing them of options and alternatives and the costs/benefits of those trade offs and point out difficulties you may encounter.

So keeping with the philosophical school I follow this site will show you what sub-feeds are available from the stations in your market.

http://www.rabbitears.info/market.php?mktid=70
Most stations broadcast 2-3 or even more sub-channels if you can receive WMHT (PBS) you will get three channels world, thinkbright and the normal PBS feed that cable offers.

Quote:
Also, aiming the compass at 0 degrees North, will that give me an accurate true north direction?
No if you use a compass to find directions use the last column under Magn.

Where you are the difference between direction to the magnetic north pole and the direction to the real (true) north pole is ~+13 degrees
Instead of 0 deg. go for ~12
ghz24 is offline   Reply With Quote