View Single Post
Old 7-Nov-2017, 8:44 PM   #14
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Took a bit longer to get to this, sorry for the delay.

Okay, looked at that ticket. Several comments.

I'm not generally a fan of using the DB8e with the panels facing directly opposite directions. You're better off with a DB4e with no reflectors (which do require a drill to modify). Unless you want the out-of the box convenience (at twice the price) that the DB8e offers, go the DB4e route for UHF.

Looking at my test data from back in May, you'd give up about 5.5 dB in gain on VHF on channel 8 (PBS in MIL) and about 2 dB on channel 12 (WBBM in CHI). Note: Measured gain of the 751R dropped markedly starting around channel 10 (197 MHz). On UHF, the the C4MAX has a 3-4 dB advantage up through the middle of the UHF band, then it's a dead heat.

I did look at your location and can offer you the following observations. If you're having difficulties with Milwaukee, there's something wrong, perhaps an unfortunate mounting spot was selected. Your reception from the north should be "easy" with almost any antenna. Do you have the antenna aimed into your neighbor's home or roof? As for Chicago, you'd need to situate the antenna in a particular spot on your roof so as to align the signal path to Chicago through the gap between those two apartment buildings across the street to your south. Unfortunately, there are some trees visible near that intersection so they're going to be a wild card.

I'll send you an image via our ticketing system of where and why I picked that spot.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote