View Single Post
Old 26-Feb-2018, 11:37 PM   #1
jukes

VHF high troubleshooting

I'm trying to receive NBC on 8.1 from a tower about 4 miles away. It's a 2 edge path, and there's another tower about 1/2 mile from me basically in the same direction... it doesn't have anything VHF on it but it could have tons of other stuff.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...9038cd6362cc32

I have an RCA ANT751R on the roof, running through a TVPRAMP1Z with the FM filter turned on. I have an additional FM filter after the amp, and that terminates in an HD Homerun 5.

Some days, I get 8.1 completely fine, and other days I can't even decode a signal on that band. It's not completely weather dependent, but seems worse when there is moisture in the air. Wind matters somewhat... on windy days I never get NBC, but it can be dead still like today and I don't have anything.

I have been thinking of adding an antenna that is specific for VHF high to see if that helps, but I'm worried that the problem is related to multipath interference and not signal strength. Does anyone know of good resources to continue to try and figure out what's going on on this one band in Portland?
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (181.9 KB, 604 views)
jukes is offline   Reply With Quote