View Single Post
Old 14-Feb-2013, 10:17 PM   #14
greenguy

SUCCESS!

Just did a quick install of an RCA ANT-751 mounted in my attic and pointed @ 125 degrees. Picked up 50 digital channels. I haven't gone through them all but I made sure all the channels we need worked! Who knew flawless pixel perfect HD could be so easy to get so cheaply?!? I am kicking myself for paying for cable for years and years and years now

I bought this antenna because it was smaller and I knew if it didn't work at my house, I could install it at my mother in laws who is much closer and has almost a direct line of sight to Manhattan. However even installed in my attic it worked perfectly. For only $50, 4 screws, some scrap coax cable and ALL OF YOUR HELP I've proven the concept that I can ditch cable in 2 months!!!

We will see when the leaves come in if I need a larger antenna or one mounted outside but so far so good! When I have that part of the equation locked down I will do a pro in wall cabling job to all 3 of our TVs. In the meantime I will research DVR options (would love to somehow combine it with a Mac Pro which will host our Plex Media Server for streaming my library of content as well as IceFilms / 1Channel (Let Me Watch This) so we don't miss any of our cable shows... that way everything non-OTA would be run through Plex clients on iPad, Apple TV2 and maybe 2 Rokus)

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!! What a great resource this website is and you are all so helpful, I have been telling everyone about this to help spread the word about this site!

Last edited by greenguy; 25-Feb-2013 at 4:02 AM.
greenguy is offline   Reply With Quote