View Single Post
Old 21-Jun-2020, 3:21 AM   #5
RG6er

First off let me tell everyone thank you so much for responding to my question. I wasn’t expecting so many responses so soon.

I’ve used rabbitears.info as well as other OTA search websites. The results that Rabbit73 posted are very accurate. I don’t know of anyone else around the area with an antenna, I searched the forum and found two from the area that posted questions. They were a few yers old though. Cord cutting may not be that popular in this area.

As far as I can tell there are no ridges in the way. There are trees and power lines about 500 feet from where I live. Those are line of sight to the K10PV tower.

I forgot to mention, I purchased a small portable TV and drove to within two miles of where the tower is located, (church parking lot). I had a perfect line of sight of all of the towers on the ridge, (a lot of FM stations there). I used the VHF dipoles from the antenna direct and used about 6 foot of RG6. I received the same issues while I was there, (the Small RCA Yagi was currently installed on the roof). There was some pixelation and it dropped out for a few minutes with the portable TV in the parking lot.

This leads me to believe the problem may not be entirely with my setup.

I’m wondering if the station switches to ATSC 3.0 will that help alleviate some of the issues? The station is owned by Scripps. I believe they are on the 3.0 transition. Actually, another station KSBB, (a low power repeater in Santa Barbara) transmits in ATSC 3.0 and has been doing so since Fall 2018. They transmit CBS and FOX for the area. I’m hoping I can receive it one tuners are made available.

Last edited by RG6er; 21-Jun-2020 at 3:36 AM.
RG6er is offline   Reply With Quote