View Single Post
Old 24-Aug-2015, 11:59 PM   #1
Darken

Grounding question

Hi Folks,

I had asked a question about grounding my antenna last year but unfortunately had to put that project on hold. I have started looking back into now. I am considering simply putting a grounding block under my current service provider's box (bell canada) that is next to my electical box. I noticed the bell box (that I will still be using for my home phone line and internet) has a ground wire to the electrical box already. So my question is, if i run coax with ground messenger from my antenna which will be behind the house, to the front of the house where my elecrical box is and connect it to a grounding block...can i

1) simply tighten another ground wire to the same spot that bell is using on the electical box. Basically have two ground wires one on top of the other?

2) Since there is one end of a messenger ground connected to the mast and the other end to the grounding block, i assume this would safely ground both the mast and coax to the electrical box?

3) Once the coax connects to the grounding block from the antenna and the grounding wire to the electrical box, the coax then needs to continue into the house. In my case the cable isn't going to enter the house near the electrical box. It will enter the house approximately another 30 feet away. Is this ideal for grounding? (i understand it may not be ideal for the signal but my concern right now is grounding). Once the cable connects to the grounding block from the antenna does it need to enter the house right away or is it safe to extend the cable along the ground for another 30 feet or so before it enters the house?

Thanks so much to those who answer

Darken
Darken is offline   Reply With Quote