View Single Post
Old 27-Mar-2011, 5:54 PM   #3
suzanrush

Are you guys making your own antennas?

Rhombic? What's that? Obviously, this is a forum for antenna gurus who understand the lingo. It sounds like reinventing the wheel, making a homemade antenna. Heck, I don't even bake from scratch, preferring the easy route of box mixes.

Speaking of which, I wonder if the antenna advertised on this page for "150 mile range" is any good or worth the money. I do know that the prices have been dropping since I bought mine at the beginning of the switch in 2/2008. You can get a Winegard SquareShooter for about $70 bucks these days and I'm sure the rotors prices are falling too.

I just bought mine from a reputable company (Winegard) online. The only thing I wonder is if I could be picking-up even more channels even further away. Mine was advertised to pick-up signals within a 50 mile radius but it goes much further out.

I can't help but wonder if those who wander in here can really be helped. That is, people who know nothing about radio/tv frequencies and how they work. I'm sure most don't wish to read a book to figure this thing out. I know that I wouldn't. It would merely discourage me further.

Helping to spread the good news about free hd/Dtv.
suzanrush is offline   Reply With Quote