View Single Post
Old 18-Feb-2013, 11:24 PM   #6
lbo

Thanks for all the feedback. She is getting new siding and a new roof in the next week or so, this work and having to take down the dish prompted her to cancel DISH all together. I will probably wait until the new siding is up, they will replace the aluminum with vinyl siding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundUrMast View Post
In your case, WPVI appears to be your best opportunity for reception of an ABC affiliate, and the signal strength is high enough to give you a good shot at reliable reception.
I was looking at some of those antenna's, they are HUGE! I am guessing the wider the elements in the rear of the antenna the better it will pick up the lower VHF frequencies. One too narrow won't pick up that station as well.

There is no way she would go for an antenna of that size outside. As a matter of fact she is trying to talk herself in being content with just Netflix and other Roku channels but I know she will want local news and programming. Plus can't let a beautiful 46" HD Samsung go to waste, I bet the HD signal will be a sight to behold.

I will have her ask the contractors if the new siding has foil on the inside, and I will check the attic for existing cables. I haven't been in the attic so I don't even know how much room I have in there. Ideally for her I will put one in the attic if it's doable. If she will go for one outdoors it will have to be the smallest, sleekest, less of an eyesore yet functional outdoor antenna I can find to get the job done.
lbo is offline   Reply With Quote