View Single Post
Old 5-Apr-2019, 3:38 PM   #5
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
does DirecTV use an amplifier when they split signal?
Only rarely when there is an extraordinarily long cable run.
Quote:
Does the DirecTV dish really make an adequate reflector for the ClearStream 2 Max,
No.It is probably completely ineffective as it's the wrong size, is the wrong distance from the antenna's elements, and is probably still aimed up at the sky.
Quote:
could we possibly get more channels if we remove the old dish?
That depends on where the dish is currently mounted relative to where the antenna NEEDS to be mounted for optimal antenna reception. The siting requirements for a satellite dish has a different set of priorities than does a terrestrial antenna.
Quote:
Would the ClearStream 2Max reflector assembly bring in more channels?
Maybe, maybe not. It depends on the specifics station missing or problematic.
Quote:
We get VHF and UHF channels, would we be better off with the ClearStream 4Max?
Possibly since it has a more focused pickup path on UHF than does the C2MAX. Again, we'd need specific details as to what channels need a bit of help.
Quote:
We get some of the ION stations, not all..
If you are getting any of them, then you're getting all of them since they are all delivered more or less simultaneously in the same signal. If you are not displaying all six of the 49.x channels, check your "Favorites" list in your TV's setup to see if any of them were "turned off" from displaying.
Quote:
Winegard for its 8200U; RCA 3038 or 3037; and Channel Master for its Advantage 60 or 100,
There is no need to resort to any of those very large, all channel antennas as there are no low-VHF stations currently on the air. The exception would be if you are interested in the religious broadcasters who currently identify as channels 30.x and 38.x. Those two stations are to move to low-VHF during the next two years when they get repacked. Other current low-VHF licensed stations have never been built.
Quote:
...Based on your plot I'd try a 4 bay with no reflector
1. None of those stations towards the north actually exist and 2. VHF-high is left unaddressed. There are three of the major stations in Houston on high-VHF.
Quote:
These antennas have longer range, well above 45 miles
Really, mileage ranges come from marketing departments, not technical departments. Unfortunately, they have become a necessary evil as a mile is a lowest common denominator readily understood by folks not in the business of signal propagation and reception.

GypsyCowgirl,

If you'd like us to do an in depth evaluation, fill out the contact form in my signature below and, in the last section for comments or details, address it to "Steve". That will come to me and I'll get you set up with a reflector and customized assistance.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.

Last edited by ADTech; 5-Apr-2019 at 3:40 PM.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote