View Single Post
Old 9-Jul-2013, 9:06 PM   #7
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
Antenna in attic. The sheathing on the roof has thermal foil on the back. I hope that won't interfere with the signals. The direction the antenna will point will not be through the sheathing but through the siding which is James Hardie concrete siding. Should I place the antenna close to the gable or several feet away from it?
Forget the attic. Hardie-board and radiant barrier are both signal killers.

Kansas City's station's are all UHF, Topeka's are a mix of UHF and high-VHF. If you want both cities, it's going to take some work and luck. A single city would be easy. The biggest advantage of getting both would probably be sporting events that might be blacked out in one city but not the other. Your choice

The reflector-less C4 won't work, sorry, the beamwidth is too narrow. If you want to try two antennas tied together, select ones with significant nulls at 90° and keep them at right angles to each other. Amplify each separately, then combine the the amplified output using a reversed splitter. Cross your fingers and hold your breath, because this is not a high-reliability proposition.

Best of luck!

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote