View Single Post
Old 23-Feb-2015, 3:53 PM   #7
GroundUrMast

Quote:
Is the Antenna Craft Y10713 for strictly receiving channel 7 from St Joe? ADTech is leading me to think so.
Correct... sort of. The Y10713 is designed to receive real CH-7 through CH-13. It also offers gain and directivity that would be needed for the distant KQTV signal. If KQTV is not a high priority to you, then skip the Y10713.

If you want to have a mix of Topeka and KC signals, it's not likely that you would successfully combine the UHF DB8E output with the UHF output of the ANT-751. Some folks get lucky, using a reversed splitter to merge two antennas into a common feed, but that more often results in less reliable reception overall due to the antennas acting as interference sources to one another.

I'd start with the local signals using the ...751R. It's compact and the signals should be much easier to receive reliably. I'd have very little hope or expectation of it receiving any KC or St Joe signal reliably even if pointed in that direction.

If you still want to go after the KC signals, be prepared to treat that antenna as a fully separate system with the possible exception of a shared mast.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote