View Single Post
Old 21-Feb-2015, 10:27 PM   #1
rickw@networksplus.net

Shopping list for a Simple Installation

Hello,

I am looking for a simple shopping list and assembly instructions. The more I read the more I am confused by the directions and what hardware to buy. Currently I have a RCA indoor antenae and get all the local Topeka channels. I do have to reposition it to get the abc station.

Here is the link for my Radar in Topeka KS

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...f1f0177deffbfc

My neighbor had a 40 ft tower antenae that would reliably pull in the Kansas City stations so I am hopeful I will have the same results at my house. It is now removed and she doesn't know anything about what it was. I would like to use a Chimney mount and go as high as safely possible without any extra suporting cables.

I would like to recieve as many of the channels listed as possible; affordably. $200.00 or less, but if great performance increase could be had for a little more I may add on later if possible.

Details:
a)Chimney mount, how high on a mast in Kansas Winds? Preferred mounting Hardware? Not to use supporting Cables
b)What antenna/antennas using one mast, rotator?
c) What wire, premade or cut it myself?
d) Splitters/amplifiers?
e) direction to aim?

One primary TV is to get the signal 90% of the time, next to the fireplace/chimney shortest cable run
1 of 2 OTHER TV's is in the basement below main TV (another floor down)
2nd of 2 other TV's at the other end of the house propably 90 ft of cable run from a splitter.

So currently I have 3 TV's I need to to supply signal, I will probably add another TV if possible. So I will need a splitter to support that. Unless it will dramatically reduce my available signal then I will add to it later. I would like to run the wires and splitters through my attic. If this is to vague I will try to clarify any needed questions. Thank you to any for advice.

Last edited by rickw@networksplus.net; 21-Feb-2015 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Typos
rickw@networksplus.net is offline   Reply With Quote