View Single Post
Old 2-Aug-2014, 2:10 PM   #1
corvairbob

what can i use for an antenna?

well i asked this before but then got caught in regisration and the question got lost so her goes again

first off my zip is 49442 muskegon mi. about 5 miles from lake michigan i have a good line of sight at 30 foot elevation from the ground to the west.

what i have done so far is i got 2 antennas like the ones you see on ebay and pointed them to the east and did a signal search i got about 5 stations. then i turned it to the west and did the same thing and got about 40 stations 6 from the east and the rest from the west Milwaukee. then what i did was connect both antennas using a splitter and pointed one to the east and one to the west and did the search, now i get 5 stations. so i started all over and either antenna i get 5 stations and only from the east. so i must have burned out the amps n them by using the splitter.

then i get this antenna from Israeli. they said it was the best one and that got me 7 channels from the east and 5 from the west but they are the east channels none from Milwaukee.

so what am i doing wrong here besides getting thes from ebay? the one from Israeli has a box on it and the box has no connections to the rest of the antenna. if i remove the box i get the same amount of channels. so i figure that is junk.

any help here. if you use my zip you see i have a lot of channels available to me. today it seems i have less to the west than before. but it seems i should be able to get more from the east. even if i do a search with the antennas pointing to the ne and se i shoe get more then i do. seems i get better from the back of the antennas then the front. thanks
corvairbob is offline   Reply With Quote