View Single Post
Old 16-Nov-2011, 7:26 PM   #1
Alejandr0

Help with complete antenna solution for McKinney, TX

Hello! I currently do not have any antenna and thus I don't recieve a single channel. I am in the process of selecting all the components for my antenna solution. I would appreciate any help.

My TV Fool report: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...ec127972335a5f

As you can see, I am 46-48 miles from the DFW transmitters. I would like to get the major networks: ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC

Difficulties: Distance to transmitters. My house is single story and at the bottom of hills on three sides. My house is immediately surrounded on all sides by large, tall pecan trees that are more than twice the height of the house. They drop limbs frequently during storms.

I was planning on the following solution:

1. Installation in the attic to protect the antenna and keep my Homeowners Association happy. My attic is gable-style, not hip-style.

2. Winegard HD 7084P or Denny HD Stacker. I prefer the Winegard, but the Denny's smaller size would make the installation and positioning much easier.

3. Winegard 8700 pre-amp with power supply.

4. Winegard CA8800 FM Band Separator/Coupler FM Tap just before the TV to provide a tap to my stereo's FM reciever.

5. All cables custom made to length by Solid Signal. RG6 quad sheilded.

I searched the forums for surrounding cities and zip codes, but I didn't find any posts from nearby members to guide me. I would appreciate any guidance. Am I on the wrong track? Is my situation hopeless? Winegard or Denny?

Thank you!
Alejandr0 is offline   Reply With Quote