Thread: 91XG or DB8e
View Single Post
Old 9-Aug-2017, 7:05 PM   #7
welkin

ADTech, Thanks for your input. I appreciate it. The Longley-Rice coverage map for the future home of KYCW-LD doesn't give me much hope, but it will be broadcasting from a 2000' tower, so I've got to try. I'm getting 32 channels/subs reliably now. I acquired a 50' Rohn 25G, so I'm going to gain 15' in height soon, which should help.

http://www.rabbitears.info/contour.p...2.941138888889

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
You can likely improve your system noise figure for your UHF antennas by around 4 dB by amplifying them separately before combining the signals in your reversed splitter. An improvement in the system NF by that magnitude would provide the same improvement as would an antenna with an increase of gain of 4 dB on your channel of interest.
Should I get another 7777 and run another coax in the house and combine them inside? Eliminate the UVSJs and go with something like an RCA TVPRAMP1Z? Can two preamps be ran off of one power supply? Something else?

Also, I think I know the answer, but is there a method of combining the 4 antennas that doesn't introduce the loss of a splitter/combiner? Multiple tuners are not an option.

Thanks!
welkin is offline   Reply With Quote