View Single Post
Old 26-Aug-2015, 1:09 AM   #7
Darken

Ok great. Thanks for the responses. I'll keep things simple by drilling a new house entry hole below grounding point which is on the electrical box. My coax and ground wire will be dropping down from the roof at is approaches the electrical box so is it better to put the grounding block level with the electrical box and then simply run the grounding wire horizontally to ground it to the box and then run about 3 more feet of coax down to where i'll drill a new hole into the house or should i put the grounding block near the ground where the entry point is to have only a foot (or less) of coax before it enters the house and then run the grounding wire back up about 3 feet to the electrical box? Seems odd to run the grounding wire right past the electrical box to the grounding block and then have to run it right back up from the block to the electrical box...

Also i havent bought the tripod yet to mount the antenna but can i simply screw the ground wire into any screw on the tripod as im setting it up or do all tripods and mounts have a dedicated area where i can screw in the ground?

Thanks again for all your advice
Darken is offline   Reply With Quote