Thread: Best Approach
View Single Post
Old 10-Aug-2014, 12:29 PM   #9
Darken

Thanks very much for the suggestions. I went with the winegard 7698p mainly because a friend in a similar situation to mine is using that model with great success. The beamwidth ultimately wasn't my highest priority because i wanted to focus mainly on the channels that were in the 117 to 140 degree range so the others werent on my "wishlist". I certainly understand that setting it up outdoors would be ideal but with such great results from the attic (receiving USA networks from 110 miles away!) i was curious if there was anything else i could do from within the attic to try to receive FOX and ABC? I read at a few places that if a signal strength isnt at least 50% it wont display so im wondering since i do get a couple USA networks at 75% signal strength (CBS and NBC) and as per my TV fool report FOX and ABC are approximately 10 NM(db) and 10 Pwr(dbm) weaker than those channels i already receive from the same direction and distance, would it be fair to assume that im likely getting a very weak signal that my tv tuner just cant yet display? Wouldnt a pre-amp possibly boost that weaker signal just enough to give it chance to be displayed? I figure i cant be missing too much more to get FOX and ABC considering the success i already have with CBS and NBC. Im also curious to see the results as fall rolls around and all the leaves start falling...

Last edited by Darken; 10-Aug-2014 at 12:31 PM.
Darken is offline   Reply With Quote