View Single Post
Old 27-Apr-2011, 3:12 PM   #4
Joe2011

I do not receive WUTB 24 but I do receive channel 22 (MPT) which, because the tower is so close, comes in strong even though a different compass direction altogether.
I checked the internals on the Winegard 7694P (once you open the array and snap a small black plastic box with circuit board into postion, that circuit board contains metal coupling pins that clip to 4 antenna feed lines running inside - two UHF and two VHF I suppose) Those appear to be solidly connected.
I do have a metal flue swing cap/door on the chimney, but the antenna is about 3 feet above that. Would the Winegard be affected differently then the LAVA by that cap?
I've attached 2 pictures of the set up - (this is the LAVA - the Winegard was installed in the same location) The compass heading is directly into those trees and at times when I rotate the LAVA toward the front of the house, away from the compass heading reccomended; I pick up a better signal. I do not get that improved signal when pointing the Winegard in that same "off compass heading" direction.
An FM trap?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Antenna Set up 1.JPG (94.3 KB, 983 views)
File Type: jpg Antenna Set up 2.JPG (125.4 KB, 1043 views)

Last edited by mtownsend; 27-Apr-2011 at 7:01 PM. Reason: Removed redundant TV Fool report
Joe2011 is offline   Reply With Quote