View Single Post
Old 17-Dec-2012, 1:01 AM   #1
Canaalaire

Reporting back from Toronto

A while back I requested help re: choice of antenna for my location. I received valuable input and would like to share the results of the professional installation.
The antenna installed is the Antennas Direct DB4e. The installation could not be done on the chimney as requested because of difficulties placing the ladder due to the proximity of the neighbours' house. The antenna was installed on the roof of the second floor, a short distance above the eavestroughs. I receive all the channels I used to receive with the CS2 plus 2-1 NBC (WGRZ); 2-2;11-1 CHCH; 29-1,-2 FOX (WUTD); 49-1 (WNYO). Previously, the reception of 17-1, -2,-3 WNED and 4-1 WIVB used to be spotty. Now, ALL channels, including the new ones are firm, except for 17-1, -2 and -3 that I have lost several times during the week.
I do not know what will happen if there is snow on the roof since the antenna was installed directly on top of the roof with no pole to give it any height. I do not know either what will happen in the Spring since the height is not enough to clear the trees.
The installer did not have a compass to point the antenna the best way possible since he prefers to use a signal strength meter. I wonder though if the antenna should be tweaked a little to firm up the reception of WNED.
Canaalaire is offline   Reply With Quote