View Single Post
Old 20-Dec-2014, 7:00 AM   #2
StephanieS

Greetings Kevin,

You wouldn't be the first to think something weird is going on with your system. Often that might be the first reaction, the 'oh no' reaction. In reality, transmitters can have problems too. Your situation with the secondary WSB transmission on RF 31 if it were to happen to me I'd check all other signals and see if anything else was reporting issues. If it were only WSB on RF 39, I'd conclude that it may be a transmission site issue.

Secondary signals or translators can often have issues due to they have to in many cases receive the primary signal off air then rebroadcast it. If the primary goes down, often the translator will shut off with no input signal. If the translator's receiving antenna gets damaged or blown off axis it may be reflected by the transmitter rebroadcasting a pixellated signal. Mechanical failure can also happen. My best suggestion is contact the engineering department at WSB and tell them your observations.

There maybe an intermittent interference too. I deal with an occasional issue I've not been able to determine on my system. When it kicks in (which is once or twice every couple months) I lose my 7db secondary CBS signal on RF 22 as well as the 0db ABC analog signal on RF 40. It looks like interference, if judging by the weird patterns on RF 40 when it is happening. I've often wondered if it is my power supply for my TVPRAMP1R gets a little fluttery. It's just a thought though.

I'd start though with contacting WSB and see what their engineering staff has to say.

Cheers.
StephanieS is offline   Reply With Quote